Performance-driven Fixed Operations Manager seeking a dynamic automotive service management position where I can apply my vast experience in the automotive industry, expertise in operations management, service, and development to bring efficiency and quality service to your company.
Fixed Operations Manager Charles Chevrolet Buick February 2008 – Present
• Increased Customer Pay Gross Profit year over year between 5-10% by increasing customer repair order sales and repair order counts through customer retention.
• Won the Standards for Excellence Award for increasing labor and parts sales by 8-10% each month.
• Managed operations and 13 employees, and hired and trained employees to ensure productivity and successful performance.
• Increased technician productivity through managing manufacture training courses and working side by side with technician and coaching hands on repairs.
Fixed Operations Manager Burt Greenwald Chevrolet October 2006 – February 2008
• Increased yearly Parts and Service sales from 1.2 million per year to 2 million in two years.
• Increased CSI above zone average and maintain for 20 months.
• Increased department gross profit by 8% month over month.
• Manage daily operations of a production shop, including Medium Duty Truck Shop, and Body Shop with 12 technicians, 3 body men, 1 painter, 1 estimator, 3 service advisors, 4 parts counter people, and 3 parts drivers.
• Managed Body Shop while training new management and recruiting new employees.
Fixed Operations Manager Ron Marhofer Auto Group September/2000 – September/2006
• Negotiated contracts with Cintas and Airgas utilizing group buying power to reduce expenses at all 6 locations.
• Manage Service Department on multi – franchise auto campus with 16 technicians, 8 service advisors, 5 parts consultants.
• Developed and implemented new policies and procedures to improve department operations including scheduling system and estimating system utilizing the formation of databases.
• Hired, coached and trained 6 advisors who later would go on to be managers.
• Held weekly department meetings to address departmental issues and review team progress.
• Designed and oversaw construction of a new Service Center to increase from 4 to 12 bay shops to handle increased business and consolidate write up and repairs in one location.
Automotive Technical Certification, 1979
New York Technical Institute
General Motors Technician Training
General Motors Fixed Operations Training
Saturn Fixed Operations Training
Ford Service Manager Training
Hyundai Service Manager Training
Atcon Fixed Operations Training
General Motors One Source Lead Management Training
General Motors Global Warranty Management Training
2012 General Motors Service Manager Top Honors Training
2012 General Motors Parts Manager Top Honors Training
District Service Manager, General Motors
“I found Jim to be a very capable manager of a new car dealer service department. His experience made each contact very easy. I never had any issues that would indicate mismanagement of his department. All aspects of his department were excellent, customer satisfaction, warranty expense, profitability and employee satisfaction.” September 11, 2011
Controller, Burt Greenwald Chevrolet
“Jim is an extremely efficient manager who is respected by both customers and co-workers. His ability to reduce expenses without sacrificing any quality of work was demonstrated throughout his career with Burt Greenwald Chevrolet. Jim's knowledge of the auto industry and ability to turn that knowledge into action to benefit both customers and employees makes him an outstanding business leader.” September 25, 2011
Senior Account Executive, Arrow Uniform
“I have had the pleasure of working with Jim since 2007. In that time he has always been honest and fair in our dealings. Jim has always shown a high degree of loyalty and integrity to those that have earned his trust. Jim is known and respected by many of my peers and has acquired a good deal of respect amongst those in the industry. I would strongly recommend dealing with Jim on any level be it personally or professionally.” August 4, 2011
General Manager, General Sales Manager, Ron Marhofer Auto Group
“Jim was an outstanding provider of services, internally and externally. Excellent communication skills. Very nice to work with.” October 3, 2011
Provided by OneBuckResume.